Home › Forums › General › Guides & Game Tactics › How to set up empty public session
- This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by lorsch.
- June 15, 2017 at 11:53 am #5938MikeMichaelParticipantJune 15, 2017 at 5:24 pm #5944GloozyParticipant
Thanks for sharing ! Got to look next time if it works well.June 16, 2017 at 5:55 pm #5946lorschParticipant
Good video, I used this method for a while. Be careful with Netlimiter though, as the new version isn’t free anymore. If you update it, there is no way to revert to the old one. Other than that, suspending the process for a few seconds in Task Manager has the same effect.
FYI, port blocking still works. I’m running large sessions with it every other day. It doesn’t seem to work for everyone though, I really don’t know why. I guess I’m just having a really good german bamboo connection.March 2, 2018 at 4:52 pm #8599mathilyaParticipant
Ad 1. – I think it depends on internet connection and router you owe. In my case it is slightly longer – 8-9 seconds.
Ad 2. – That is really nice solution. I remember Meriandar also created something like a script (or code, I don’t remember…) but with batch it seems even more optimal.March 4, 2018 at 8:23 pm #8653lorschParticipant
I use this program since a very long time, lags you out of a session in about 8s:
To create a session that prevents random players from joining but still allows your friends to join, here are the following steps for preparation:
1. Create 2 new Firewall rules in in your advanced firewall settings: Block Port 6672, once for the inbound rules, once for the outbound ones. (Rightklick on each to create a new rule and set up the rules for the UDP port). You’ll want to keep these rules activated at all times, don’t worry, they won’t affect you ingame.
2. Create one new Firewall rule for the outbound rules, for this one, you block the following UDP ports:
6672, 61455, 61456, 61457, 61458. Give it the name “GTA:O Port Block”. You will enable this rule later using a bat file later, so keep it deactivated for now.
3. Put the following code into a .bat file:
@ECHO OFF :start set /p cmd="Enter command; E(nable rule), D(isable rule), Q(uit): " if %cmd%==q GOTO :EOF if %cmd%==e ( Netsh AdvFirewall Firewall set rule name="GTA:O Port Block" new enable=yes echo Rule enabled ) if %cmd%==d ( Netsh AdvFirewall Firewall set rule name="GTA:O Port Block" new enable=no echo Rule disabled ) GOTO start
Now, to open up your session:
1. open up the .bat file you created as an administrator. Enable your rule using that command window.
2. Find a new session (ingame)
3. When you arrived in the new session, use that command window from before to disable your rule.
4. If you still have random players in the session, lag out using your preferred method. I use “Session Sweeper”, link is above.
5. Session is ready, now invite your friends. Have fun!
- The forum ‘Guides & Game Tactics’ is closed to new topics and replies.