New game modes impressions

Home Forums General Guides & Game Tactics New game modes impressions

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mathilya 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

mathilya
    Keymaster

As we probably know, Rockstar continuously add new game modes (especially adversary and against). IMHO, most of them are just “modified deathmatches” but I can be wrong. So, I came up with idea to share our impressions about new game modes in this thread. I am going to start with 2 modes I played recently. Just to let you know, I won’t spoil what to do in them, so you can play them on your own and make your opinion 😉 Maybe we can use them in future on crew events or just for after party.

Juggernaut (max 10 players): Non-playable, unless you are juggernaut. I know, my gunner skills are not magnificent but without communication it’s impossible to decease that monster. Even player on level 10 was able to get 62 kills as juggernaut. My mark: 2/10.

Vehicle Vendetta (max 10 players): Like a modified deathmatch in cars. Lots of weapons (some of them are really nasty). Not bad, but IMHO it takes more than 3 tries to learn some basic strategies. My mark: 5/10.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  mattiejas. Reason: spelling fix
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  mathilya.

mattiejas
    Keymaster

Good idea to share some experiences. The new adversary modes can be fun for a short while but personally speaking the novelty wears off pretty quickly. I wish they would add some new contact missions, or more heist-style missions – even if they don’t pay too well, for me nothing goes above the thrill of collaboratively achieving a complex objective.

mathilya
    Keymaster

OK, so today Rockstar added new class of vechicles to races, a.k.a. Special Vechicles. R* created domr races, made especially for Blazer Aqua, Rocket Voltic and Ruiner 2000. I have played 6 races already and here are my impressions:

The fact I disliked the most is, that all these new races are not hard, I mean, these are just long straights and if catchup and slipstream are enabled, there is no possibility for fair race. And as we probably know, everyone can drive fast in straight line. However, non-contact can be enabled (phew). And, fortunately or not, custom vechicles are permanently enabled, so if you want to be competitive, make sure you improve your special car’s performance at Los Santos Customs as much as possible.

Races with Blazers are nice. They demand continuous switching between water and land mode. Good timing between switching is crucial. Races with Ruiners require some parachuting and jumping over obstacles – fair players use this mechanism to overtake opponents and not ram like… alright, I’m not saying who 😛 Rockets and machine gun are disabled. The worst ones, IMHO are races with Voltics. They key to win is to spam boost button (it recharges much faster than in freemode) and using it at the end of corners.

Hope I helped out.

lorsch
    Participant

I won the Rocket Voltic Playlist of all 7 tracks yesterday in a full lobby of docc’s crew yesterday, was quite thrilling for me. I only tried blazer aqua with catchup / slipstream in a public lobby once and it felt really slow, the corners were waay to wide, especially in first place. We should give it a try with different setting with the crew. Ruiner 2k is alright for me, I like how you have to control the car on the jumps, parachute is too slow ofc most of the time. Overall, with the Rocket Voltic ones I actually had the best time since a while in this game, but especially for the blazer aqua, I’m looking forward to community made races and the creator unlock.

mathilya
    Keymaster

EDIT: Looks like I didn’t see option with customs vechicles – they can be disabled.

lorsch
    Participant

They updated it – it was a glitch before.

mathilya
    Keymaster

OK, so today I played that new adversary mode called Land Grab. Thanks for Mike for encouraging me to play it. I would like to state, that what I’m going to say is just my opinion.

Have to admit though, this mode is IMHO just a “pedestrian” mode of Turf Wars. Kind of deathmatch with colored tiles – the more your team will paint, the bigger chance to win is. On our last crew event we played Turf Wars and I totally agree with Gloozy – it was just boring. The same thing I can say about Land Grab. Maybe with full lobby it could be more entertaining – who knows? But, if you are looking for some easy money, there 2x$ on this mode, so it may be worth trying.

mathilya
    Keymaster

Tiny racers. Back to GTA 2. 4 players only. Basically, racing skills are not primary. Some weapons, like in Vehicle Vendetta, but famous P.I.T maneuver can be enough to eliminate another player. Maybe not that boring as Land Grab, but certainly plain GTA races are better (IMHO ofc).

lorsch
    Participant

Haven’t played either of those two, but to me, tiny racers looks even more boring than land grab. I wish they would just stop with these adversary modes… The only (kinda) fun and more or less recent one i can remember was deadline. But even then, it doesn’t even come close to a custom map like angry birds or jet deathmatches or the map where we push the trucks down the hill (forgot the name).

mathilya
    Keymaster

Dawn Raid – if you remember Drop Zone, it is almost the same. The difference is, that players must find a package in the darkness and deliver it to evacuation zone. Not bad, but I still have a feeling that Rockstar keeps repeating old ideas and any innovations are minimal. Up to 10 players – might be good to test for any after party.

mathilya
    Keymaster

Overtime Rumble – type in Google what “curling” is. Nice that this is not another kind of deathmatch – maybe a bit boring, but pretty fun after couple of plays. Up to 10 players.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  mathilya. Reason: logic mistake

mathilya
    Keymaster

Bombushka Run – I played it with Reacher yesterday. Not playable, very unbalanced and not worth recommending IMHO.

mathilya
    Keymaster

Transformation races. The whole idea is awesome – as already seen in the trailer. However, this mode is not playable with catchup and slipstream (or even contact) on – randoms just keep ramming you. And, R*-made tracks are just big straight lines, so… yeah. Apart from that, it’s worth playing – good choice for playlist, too (beware that these races are for 16 players max, though).

mattiejas
    Keymaster

Perhaps we should try a few for the crew party tomorrow? I also look forward to the custom made ones. I see some fun possibilities here to extend our triathlons!

mathilya
    Keymaster

Absolutely. I will take a look at the creator – when I find some time, I will create something. And yeah, parachutes, BMX’s can be also used. Triathlons, or even quadathlons 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.