- April 5, 2016 at 10:05 am #992
Let’s start with listing some issues:
- (quoting snack) “looks like a hippie with tribals in her hair”: perhaps it has this impression from a distance if you don’t look closely enough (I never saw it that way and it is certainly not intended!!) but in any case this is very easy to fix, so I suggest we make the highlights in the hair less light
- (quoting snack) “… a feather tatooed on her shoulder”: it’s actually intended to be a wing, not a feather – not sure how those lines look like a feather but again maybe it looks that way from a distance? Suggestions for improving the tattoo most welcome.
- (quoting snack) “the font looks wrong too”: can’t say much here as snack doesn’t say what’s wrong; it’s a really huge effort to do letters, so if we cannot find a good font then I’d consider removing the text or even remove the banner altogether (less is more)
- Personally I’m still not entirely happy with the hair band. Suggestions for making it more halo like (as in the original) are most welcome!
Please list your own issues in this thread, but please also accompany these with suggested fixes and concept art. I’ll be back next week to pick up the work on the design.April 8, 2016 at 3:52 pm #997
I’ve had the good fortune to sit down with a professional painter on my travels, who gave me various tips. So here it goes:
- “tribals” fixed
- tattoo should now look a lot more like a wing
- hair band removed (it looks better without – trying to add a halo failed on all attempts so we gave up in the end)
- fixes in the neck
- more natural hair flow
- impression of right shoulder added
- banner flaps removed – this looks better too, they caused incorrect perspective (fixable) and detract attention away from the main feature
- banner now darker, again to aid contrast against the main feature
Does everybody agree that this edit looks better?
I plan to work now on a colour version.April 8, 2016 at 4:28 pm #998jeffreyParticipant
Not bad.. I like it!April 8, 2016 at 5:53 pm #1000April 8, 2016 at 6:31 pm #1001
I’ve now set the coloured version with hairband as crew logo for now just to get a feel of how it looks in-game. If anyone wants to try any of the other versions for a bit, give a shout!April 9, 2016 at 9:31 am #1002
Here’s an attempt at improving the banner:
I’ve made this the new crew emblem for now.April 9, 2016 at 10:28 am #1004_Kassz_Participant
Hello not to keep the logo B/W and the just to put the color in eyes and banner
The face is more stretched out where it is an impression the other look is more attractive it is only my opinion
I did not manage to put of the color in eyes but here is one can the idea keep(guard) the black and the white but added one little colorApril 9, 2016 at 1:11 pm #1006April 9, 2016 at 4:12 pm #1007
… and for further comparison, a pure b/w version of the logo with improved banner and halo:April 10, 2016 at 8:58 am #1008April 17, 2016 at 6:31 pm #1060
I’d like to bring this to a vote fairly soon – any final comments and/or suggestions?April 18, 2016 at 6:01 pm #1068_Kassz_Participant
I believe that yours logo is completed Mattiejas
The modifications which I brought were that a personal opinion and thanks you for your workApril 25, 2016 at 1:03 pm #1080
Many thanks kassz for the comment.
It’s been 3 weeks, leaving more than enough time for everyone to have had their say. I will now set up the procedure so the voting can commence later today.April 25, 2016 at 1:24 pm #1082SnackitWHParticipant
Is it possible to set two or three Crew logos active? That would be awesome! You know, to set a different Crew logo which fits the style of the car or wahtever logo you like. But its not possible, I guess?April 25, 2016 at 1:31 pm #1083
Yeah that would be very nice, but sadly rockstar does not have the option to have multiple active logos. 🙁
- The forum ‘Feedback & Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.